Monday, February 16, 2009

DMV Family Trip


On Friday I told Kate I needed to run to the Secretary Of State to get the registration for the buick renewed. Kate then became ghostly white and said, " You know what, I think my driver's license is expired". I started to laugh and I said it probably is. Sure enough that sucker was expired by 9 days!! I was going to get my ticket book and issue her a ticket, since she had just come back from doing some hair...but I thought for the betterment of our marriage I would allow this one to slide. On our way over to the DMV she started getting a little nervous about if she had to take a test. I told her she would- just to get her going. As we stepped up to the counter I said (with a smile on my face) ,"I need to renew my registration and her license is expired" The lady then ran Kates information in the computer and confirmed she would have to take a written test because she received a ticket with in the last 4 years. I couldnt help but to chuckle a lil but. Even Max chuckled. Well, needless to say Kate passed and only missed a couple. We praised the Lord because if she would have had to take a driving test we both agreed she would have failed.

1 comment:

Jessica and Jeremy said...

Ask Katie about her first day with a driver's license, if she hasn't told you already. Let's just put it this way...it has to deal with me and her in her mom's van and her putting the car in drive (thinking she just put it in reverse) and hitting the gas going forward instead of backward. I nearly wet myself. She can fill you in on the remainder of the details about what was in front of us when this happened.