Thursday, June 25, 2009

Not Cool....

As many of you know, I am a Cubs fan.  Why?  I do not have the slightest clue why I am or how I became one.  Nevertheless, I am one.  However, it drives me crazy and makes me lose respect for the team I love to cheer for when I hear such news as the latest in regards to the team.  No, not them being swept...again or playing like a lil league team, but the fact that Geovany Soto tested positive for pot.   How stupid are you?  Seriously?  You get played to play a game!     Yet in your infinite wisdom you make the brilliant decision to smoke some dope, but don't worry it is an  "isolated incident".   I just find it hard to trust pro athletes with in the past couple of years after all the steroid lies.  Perhaps it is my profession that makes me not tolerate drugs.  Do I forgive, yes.  I just do not understand why people will risk losing something they worked so hard for, just to "have fun".  Guess what.. it's illegal.  Deal with it.  Do not worry, Soto is not the only person I am irritated with this evening.  Neither MLB or the Cubs will penalize him because it is not a "performance enhancing drug".   Wow, that sends a strong message.  Next thing you know Meth and Cocaine will be fine to because they are not performance enhancing drugs.  They just kill you.  Granted, the positive test came from a random test during the WBC where he played for Puerto Rico.  In my opinion it doesn't matter.  I will end with a saying once used by the principal in Napoleon Dynomite.  "I don't know how they run things down in Puerto Rico, but up here we have a little thing called self respect"

Pardon my venting...  It was just one of those days

No comments: