Thursday, February 28, 2008

Altercation


Last night there was an altercation with a gentleman when I advised him he was under arrest. They always teach us in training that things can go from good to bad to worse in a heartbeat. It just amazes me how quickly things happen and how ready one needs to be. Typically, most people are compliant. However, lets face it...no one wants to go to jail. I know you are probably wondering what happened, but this story will have to be told when I see you. You could just lift up a prayer and ask that the process goes smoothly. You see, when ever you lay hands on someone which results in a hospital visit there are several policies and procedures to go through in the aftermath, not to mention possible law suits. The good news is the video camera in my squad captured it all and showed we were in compliance with the control and arrest tactics that we are trained to use. Thanks for your prayers and we will chat later.

3 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Our family's prayers are with you! God is using you to protect the people in your community, He will protect you just the same in all aspects!

Jennie said...

My prayers are with you and the Law Enforcement Family! My sister was in an accident last evening in which the hand of God was truly upon her and she walked away completely unharmed...however, the car is a VERY different story! She just couldn't stop talking about how WONDERFUL the state trooper was and how much she appreciated his help in the difficult situation!!! I praised God A LOT last night for the safety of my sister and the AWESOME people who are out there willing to put themselves on the line for the safety of others!!! :)

Chad and Alison said...

Jeff, we'll pray that all goes well and I can't wait to hear the story sometime. Maybe over a game of poker.