Tuesday, February 19, 2008

94 mph



The other night I clocked a car scootin' along at 94 mph. Now I thought they would at least slow down once they were close enough to see me.... Wrong! They blew on by like a was I was not even there. Now, I tend not to give too many lectures or be smart when dealing with the public, but some people just ask for it. When asked why she was traveling so fast, the driver stated she didn't even know how fast she was going. I then informed her of her vehicle's state of the art speedometer, which is primarily used to indicated the speed the vehicle is traveling. She looked confused, so I further informed her that the general idea is to keep the needle around the number that correlates to the speed limit on the particular road she is traveling. The driver then responded, "Yeah, but I am coming from Alabama" and added a look as to say "duh". I said, "Oooo.. I forgot that Alabama allows people to drive 94 mph." She advised me that Alabama does not allow you drive that fast. "Exactly", I said. I went on to explain to her in great detail what would have happened if she would have crashed her car, or struck another vehicle. Obviously, she received some tickets and hopefully made it home safe and sound.

4 comments:

Jody said...

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to drive. Unfortunately, I used to be one of them. Not anymore though, I am a very cautious driver now that I am carrying precious cargo.

Brandijo said...

Like you can't tell your going
94 mph, I mean come on. I get very upset with people like that, who do not have any respect for others on the road or there lives.

Good Work!
Brandi Fenton

The Jensen Family said...

ok just had to say that made me laugh, not someone going that fast but the retelling of the story and that it goes to show that just because you can drive does not mean you should!

Jennie said...

Jeff, its Jennie Groezinger!! #1: your blog is GREAT and Max is just ADORABLE!!! I LOVE hearing stories about him through Jenny!! I just had to make a post and tell you the story about how I TOTALLY thought of you last Saturday morning! My sister, my friend Val and I were headed to O'Hare at about 5:30 AM to make our 7:36 flight to Philadelphia to cheer on our beloved FLYERS (Jenny will fill you in...long story)! Any way, we noticed flashing lights in the rear view mirror (Val was driving)! A VERY nice IL State Trooper came to the window and informed us that we were going 84 mph and that we had changed lanes 6 times without using a signal in the last 5 miles! When asked where were headed in such a hurry, we went into the whole story about needing to get to the airport and the FLYERS! Nice Trooper leaned into the car to look at the clock and then looked at us and said, "I think you should have left earlier!" We laughed and told him we had an extra ticket for the hockey game if he wanted to come!! He left us go with just a warning!! :) We told him to have a GREAT day and thanked him for the GREAT start to our vacation!!! It made me think about the stories that you guys have to hear out there and the things that you have to see in a day!!

The blog is GREAT!! I can't wait to meet Max when I FINALLY make it to Litchfield to meet Sam and play with Tug!! :)