Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Can't get enough

Lately it seems as though I can not get enough of my kids. Even with the tough times of three kids three and under. I love talking to them on the phone when I have a break at work and can not wait to get home to see them. Monday I walked in the door to dead silence, which was broken by Myles saying "dada". Kate said the kids have been anxiously waiting for me to get home so we could go on a walk. Meanwhile they were passing the time by playing in the backyard with Zena. Needless to say dinner was put on hold and we went on a walk. We ended up going by the park and playing on the playground for quite a while. It was absolutely perfect.
Yesterday while I was driving to work I thought how much I love my children. Words can not even begin to describe the love I have for them. They mean so much to me. My thoughts were then diverted to how much my heavenly Father loves me and He just can not get enough of me. Yet, have I been anxiously waiting for him to come home just as my kids wait for me? Or perhaps I have been caught up in other distractions. The good thing is He is always there pouring out love, comfort, grace, peace, and anything else I need. What a comforting thought to know how much God loves me. So thanks God...not only for my family, but for being an amazing Father.